For marketers, coaches, consultants and business owners looking into the best webinar software comparison, here is a detailed guide on choosing between WebinarJam and Zoom Webinar. With the comparative points in this post, understanding the core differences will help you make an informed purchase decision. From the core features to pricing and integrations, we’ll help you compare the two products as some of the best webinar platforms in the market.
What Is WebinarJam?
WebinarJam is a popular webinar hosting and marketing platform that enables individuals and businesses to create, host, and manage live and automated webinars. It offers a wide range of features, including customizable registration pages, interactive chat, screen sharing, and analytics, making it a comprehensive solution for hosting online seminars, training sessions, product demonstrations, and other virtual events. WebinarJam is designed to facilitate engagement and interaction between hosts and participants, making it a valuable tool for online marketing, education, and communication purposes.
What Is Zoom?
Zoom is a widely used video conferencing and online communication platform that allows individuals and organizations to hold virtual meetings, webinars, and collaborative sessions. Known for its user-friendly interface and robust features, Zoom offers high-quality video and audio capabilities, screen sharing, chat, and recording options. It gained significant popularity, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, for enabling remote work, online education, and virtual social interactions. Zoom has become an integral tool for connecting people globally in real time, whether for business meetings, educational classes, or social gatherings.
WebinarJam vs. Zoom: features
- Core Use Cases: One of the critical differences between Zoom and WebinarJam is in the original thing that each platform was built to do. While Zoom was initially built for unified business communications and online meetings, WebinarJam was built to host webinars and other business meetings.
- Audio And Video Quality: From other webinar software reviews, Zoom stands out with higher quality audio and video output. Regardless of the slight difference in audiovisual quality, you can still have a good experience with other competitors.
- Webinar Attendee Engagement: Both webinar platforms offer great features for webinar attendee engagement. However, Webinars don’t have virtual background and reaction emojis. Zoom also stands out further, with third-party apps offering other engagement forms and the possibility for attendees to upvote each other’s questions.
- Webinar Event Reminders: Another interesting difference between Zoom vs WebinarJam is the system for reminding registrants about your upcoming events. When you buy into WebinarJam, you can send SMS and email reminders, while Zoom offers email only.
- Sharing Downloadable Files: As the webinar host, you can’t share downloadable files with native platform features if you are using Zoom. Here is another area in which WebinarJam beats Zoom out of the game.
- Webinar Call To Action: Zoom has no features to display offer-related calls to action. Comparatively, WebinarJam offers customisable and trackable call-to-action buttons to sell your products or services to the webinar attendees.
WebinarJam vs. Zoom: integrations
Integration with existing tools or your current workflow is one of the major factors to consider when choosing webinar software. Interestingly, each webinar platform has different options for integrating other tools you may want to use to improve the webinar experience. Based on our research, usage experience and other webinar software reviews, you’ll still see some other differences between WebinarJam and Zoom when it comes to seamless integrations.
Besides the native integration options, WebinarJam offers its users a smart API connection that will help them integrate with another essential tool for email automation, CRM, and third-party tracking. In addition to providing an API, Zoom leads with one step forward by providing SDK for experienced developers to build other useful apps. Especially for larger firms, this is something you won’t find on the WebinarJam platform.
Depending on your intended use cases, if there is a need for something like video SDK to build app customer apps to improve the webinar experience. Unlike WebinarJam, Zoom has an open APP Marketplace with many other applications. From video conferencing to education, financial services, ecommerce and marketing, you’ll find many other integration apps in the Zoom Marketplace.
WebinarJam vs. Zoom: pricing
When looking into Zoom vs. WebinarJam comparison, another interesting difference between these webinar platforms is how each one offers potential customers a trial experience. Starting with the primary product pricing plan, Zoom will allow you to host unlimited webinars with up to 500 participants, but each session lasts only 40 minutes max. And the unlimited hosting offered by Zoom is 100% free.
On the other hand, WebinarJam will only give you 14-day free trial access to all of its premium plans. When the free trial period is over, you can upgrade to the premium Webinarjam pricing plan that starts at $39 per month for hosting a maximum of 100 attendees. The other pricing plans on the platform go for $79, $229 and $379, respectively. Please note that you have to pay the annual billing amount to use the Webinar software.
The Zoom webinar pricing plan starts at $79 monthly, which you must pay annually. But if you want to host multi-session events or gain access to other advanced features, you’ll have to go for the Zoom Events package that starts at $140 per month.
Access to enterprise webinar hosting plans on both platforms requires contacting the sales team.